Please enter banners and links.
Small Business SEO Tips – 10 Things Your Business Website Should Be Doing-Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am with marketing company Profit Addiction
Small Business SEO Tips – 10 Things Your Business Website Should Be Doing
Small business SEO Tips: in this video I will outline 10 things your business website should be doing to dominate in Google search results. I hope you will enjoy it.
1. Number one, is your website mobile-friendly?
2. number two: does your website load quickly?
Just like it is important to have a mobile site, Google also prefers websites that load faster. What you can do just like number one is going to this test. Here, the link is https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/, and the link is also below the video in the description. Take your website address, and copy it into the bar on that page that says “enter web page URL”. Then click analyze, and this will show you whether or not Google thinks your site loads quickly. Run that test and then move on to number three.
3. Number three: is your website listed in the top 100 local business directories like Yelp, merchant circle, Manta, and others?
Google loves websites that are listed in many of the top local business directories. First of all, a business that has taken the time to list themselves in these directories is one which plans to be around for a while. Secondly, these top directories can send traffic to your website. Google also looks at referral traffic when determining rankings.
4. Number 4: are you set up and properly optimized on Google+ Facebook Twitter Linkedin and youtube?
Google loves websites that are listed on these top social networking sites, and here’s why. First, a business that has taken the time to list itself on social media appears to be more branded. Google loves brands. Secondly, these social platforms can send traffic to your website, as previously mentioned. So Google looks at referral traffic when determining where your website should rank. Additionally having your brand listed on these social media platforms makes it much easier for your site to be shared with your customers, your family, and your friends.
5. Number 5: are you aware of what your competitors are doing to rank online?
Knowing what your competition is doing online, the money they’re spending on marketing, the keywords they’re targeting to capture customers, and how effective the marketing efforts have been can all be tracked with online tools. This website listed here called SEMRush or sem can give you great insights into your competitors. It’s also a great way to see what search terms customers are using to find these competitors. So you can enter any competitor viewers or your own website URL in here and see a lot of information about a keyword, the number of links, and the traffic and all that type of stuff. This will allow you to see who is absolutely crushing it in your local area or if it’s not you currently.
6. Number 6: is your website properly optimized for keywords?
Figure out the keyword phrases is extremely important. These are words people type in to find your business. So you would like to show up for these keywords in Google. Then go to google and type in the keywords. Look at the top 10 results and see how many of those results have the keyword or phrase you typed in somewhere in their listing results. These are called on-page SEO factors, and Google loves websites that have these SEO factors set up properly. Your title is one of the most important things to optimize. what you can do is research title tags, description tags, and keyword density to learn more about basic on-page SEO elements Google analyzes when ranking websites.
7. Number 7 Small business SEO tips: is your contact information easily found?
Is your telephone number in a prominent location on your website? many visitors will leave a website if they cannot quickly find what they’re looking for. So make sure your telephone number is clearly visible at the top of your website. Also, make sure to use fonts and colors that are easy to read. Additionally, your contact page should include your name or business name, your business address your phone number, and links to your social media profiles.
8. Number 8: do you have a video embedded on your website? People prefer video content over text content; and so does Google. Here’s why! Having videos on your website keeps visitors on your pages for more time. Google uses a length of time people stay on your website pages as a ranking factor. A few examples of how you can incorporate videos on your website include a quick product or service demo, a welcome message from you or your team, a short explainer video, or a customer client testimonial video. Any of those types of videos would work just fine and help bring embedded video to your website.
9. Number 9: are you showing testimonials on your website?
think back to the last time you bought something and where your search started. If you’re like most people, it likely started by reading reviews of the product or service you want. So by having testimonials and or reviews on your website, you will improve your chances of landing a new customer. Having reviews also keeps visitors on your website for much longer. This would improve one of the most important ranking factors Google uses to determine where your website would show up in their search engine number results.
10. Small business SEO tips: Do other websites link to yours?
This is one of the most important factors in determining where your website will rank online. When another website links to yours, Google essentially has used this as a thumbs up vote in your favor. Generally, Google prefers sites that have more links from other websites. However, be careful though! Not all links are considered equal. Some will help your site, and others will damage your rankings. You can use a website like Ahref.com. To check your link profile, enter your website URL on that website and see if your website has a lot of links or hardly any at. You can also look at link profiles of your competitor as well. This can help you determine what your competitors are doing to rank well or poorly in search engines.
Related article: 5-SEO-must-do-things
In summary, you need a website
- that is mobile friendly
- loads quickly
- is listed in local directories
- is listed on the top social media sites
- outperforms your competitors
- is optimized correctly
- uses embedded video
- has clear contact information
- uses testimonials
- and has links from other websites
Small business SEO tips!
A special thanks to Jeremy at Profitaddiction.com for these small business SEO tips or internet marketing insights!
Originally posted 2017-08-16 10:54:02.